4 - 6
How to cook Easy Grilled Mustard Whole Herring
- 4 fresh whole herrings
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Olive or sunflower oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Scale and gut the herring. Make 4 or 5 deep diagonal slashes on the side of each fish and spread the mustard into them, using a knife.
- Season the herrings with salt and pepper and brush with lemon juice and oil.
- Place the herrings on grill plate and grill at medium to high heat for around 6 minutes a side, turning once.
- The fish are ready to eat when they are cooked through to the bone and their skin is crisp.
- Serve with crusty brown bread and plenty of butter.
The Easy Grilled Mustard Whole Herring is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Grilled Mustard Whole Herring serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Grilled Mustard Whole Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled