3 - 4
How to cook Easy Grilled Sardines or Sprats
- 12 small sardines or 1 pound (450 g) sprats
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Wash and dry the sardines. Place the flour in a bag and season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place each sardine in the bag and shake to coat in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Grill 4 - 5 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve with lemon slices.
The Easy Grilled Sardines or Sprats is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Sprats are cheaper and smaller than sardines and if cooked in the same way, can be eaten whole, heads, tails and all. If using sardines, only eat the flesh.
This recipe for Easy Grilled Sardines or Sprats serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Easy Grilled Sardines or Sprats recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled