How to cook Easy Hake Chowder
- 2 pounds hake fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cup Russet potatoes, diced
- 5 cup milk
- Salt and white pepper
- Chives, chopped, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sautee onion 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Pour in milk, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add hake and cook 10 minutes longer, or until potatoes art tender.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.
The Easy Hake Chowder is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Hake Chowder serves/makes: 6
The Easy Hake Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew