6 - 8
How to cook Easy Healthy Baked Whole Arctic Char in Salt
- 1 whole Arctic char, about 3 pounds, cleaned
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 bunch fresh chives
- 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 three-pound box kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the whole Arctic char under cold water.
- Stuff rosemary, chives, parsley and lemon slices into cavity of whole char.
- Whisk together egg whites and water.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Spread 3 cups of salt mixture along bottom of baking sheet. This layer should be large enough to fit outline of the whole char. Place fish on top.
- Completely cover the whole char with a 1/2-inch layer of salt mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140°F is reached. (Allowing the fish to cool inside the crust will keep it moist, even if you can’t serve it right away.)
- When the fish is ready, break open the salt crust. Skin the fish carefully so the salt doesn't touch the flesh.
- Serve with potatoes, fresh vegetables and warm Bernaise sauce.
The Easy Healthy Baked Whole Arctic Char in Salt is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This is an extremely simple way of cooking the whole Arctic char. The idea is to prevent the char from getting dry and to keep all the juices and aromas inside
This recipe for Easy Healthy Baked Whole Arctic Char in Salt serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Easy Healthy Baked Whole Arctic Char in Salt recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Baked