3 - 4
How to cook Easy Herring Salad Jewish Style
- 1 (12-ounce) jar herring in wine sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (1-ounce) packages sliced, blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Drain herring and place in bowl. Discard onion. Add 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand for 1/2 hour; drain well.
- Add sour cream and 1 tablespoon (or less) sugar.
- Add apple and onion.
- Brown almonds in melted margarine. Add to mixture.
- Chill. Serve the Herring Salad Jewish Style with crackers or rye bread.
The Easy Herring Salad Jewish Style recipe is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Herring Salad Jewish Style serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Easy Herring Salad Jewish Style Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad