How to cook Easy Japanese Marinated Herring
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped oily herring fillets
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium green (or yellow) capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
- 5 ounces can coconut cream
- Handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 small fresh red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine salt, vinegar and lemon juice in bowl, add herring, marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Rinse herring until water runs clear then mix in bowl with capsicum (bell pepper), coconut cream, cherry tomatoes, chives, and sugar.
- Chill before serving.
The Easy Japanese Marinated Herring is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
The Easy Japanese Marinated Herring is a marinaded dish instead of cooked. Well worth a try.
This recipe for Easy Japanese Marinated Herring serves/makes: 4
The Easy Japanese Marinated Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked