How to cook Easy Jewish Gefilte Fish Mold
- 1 (24-ounce) jar gefilte fish in broth, unsweetened
- 2 (3-ounce) packages lemon gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup fish broth from jar of gefilte fish
- 1 (5-ounce) bottle red horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Oil a 5-cup ring mold. Drain fish and reserve liquid.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Add 1 cup reserved fish broth, horseradish and lemon juice. Blend well.
- Place fish pieces evenly into mold. Pour in liquid mixture and refrigerate until firm. Unmold when ready to serve.
The Easy Jewish Gefilte Fish Mold is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Gefilte fish is a ground fish recipe, popular with people of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage. Formally, it is a type of quenelle, a delicately flavored patty made of lightly seasoned ground fish or white meat. Similar dishes exist in many cultures in local recipes bland or spicy, served plain or sauced, and cooked in simple broth or as part of an elaborate fish stew.
This recipe for Easy Jewish Gefilte Fish Mold serves/makes: 6
The Easy Jewish Gefilte Fish Mold Recipe adopted from Top Nosh.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled