4 - 6
How to cook Easy Jewish Pan Fried Salted Herring
- 4 salted herring fillets
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Soak the herring fillets in water to cover overnight. Change the water once. Drain.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and flour on a piece of waxed paper. Beat the egg and cream together in a shallow bowl. Dip the herring fillets in the breadcrumb mixture, the egg mixture and then again in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan. Fry the herring on both sides, adding butter as needed.
The Easy Jewish Pan Fried Salted Herring is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Jewish Pan Fried Salted Herring serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Jewish Pan Fried Salted Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed