How to cook Easy Jewish Poached Carp
- 2 pounds carp, cut into even slices
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Fish stock or water
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the onion in 1/4 cup of oil until it is soft.
- Put the sliced carp on top of the onion and add the fish starch.
- Add the crushed garlic.
- Cover the carp slices with the wine and stock.
- Add celery, parsley and carrot, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
The Easy Jewish Poached Carp is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Jewish Poached Carp serves/makes: 6
The Easy Jewish Poached Carp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered