4 appetizer or 2 dinner servings
How to cook Easy Mussels Marinara
- 1 (1 pound) bag live mussels, cleaned and picked over*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes seasoned with oregano, basil and garlic, undrained
- Heat the olive oil and minced garlic in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant, then add the white wine and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cleaned mussels. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and steam for 5 minutes. Stir, cover pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, until all mussels are open. Discard any that do not open.
The Easy Mussels Marinara recipe easy to cook and so good!
Olive oil, garlic, white wine and canned diced tomatoes create an aromatic broth base. Add a tossed salad and some good crusty bread to dip into the broth and you’ve got a wonderful meal in minutes.
*To clean mussels, remove beard and scrub with a brush under cold running water. Discard any mussels with cracked or broken shells or those that do not close when pinched lightly.
This recipe for Easy Mussels Marinara serves/makes: 4 appetizer or 2 dinner servings
The Easy Mussels Marinara recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Steamed