How to cook Easy Oyster Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups drained and chopped oysters
- Oil or shortening for deep frying
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a deep heavy skillet or deep fryer to 370°F.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir oysters into this batter and drop by tablespoonfuls into the deep hot fat.
- Fry in batches so oil will not become too cool.
- Turn fritters as they cook, so all sides will be golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
The Easy Oyster Fritters recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Easy Oyster Fritters serves/makes: 4
The Easy Oyster Fritters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried