4 - 6
How to cook Easy Paella
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce 184-mL) can chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 (10-ounce / 284-mL each) cans chicken broth concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) curcuma
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper
- 10 ounces (284 g) frozen small peas
- 1/2 pound (227 g) medium-size shrimps, shelled and veins removed
- Parsley (optional, to decorate)
- Lemon segments (optional, to decorate)
- Drain clams, reserving liquid add enough water to the juice to get 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) liquid reserve.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 24-cup (6-L) casserole, over medium-high heat fry chicken thighs for 10 minutes (until golden brown) remove chicken thighs from casserole and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Into hot coking juices, cook together onion, rice and garlic, until rice is light brown, stirring often.
- Stir in reserved clam juice mixed with water, chicken broth, curcuma, pepper and reserved chicken thighs bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is well done (when pricked with a fork, juices run clear).
- Mix in reserved clams, peas and shrimps.
- Cover simmer for 5 minutes, until shrimps are pink, no longer translucent.
- Serve, garnished, if desired, with parsley and lemon segments.
A faster, cheaper version of paella. You can use chicken thighs or breast.
Paella is a rice dish, originally from Valencia, where it is eaten especially on Sundays and during the Falles. There are many variations of it with different ingredients.
This recipe for Easy Paella serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Paella recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered