How to cook Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets
- 2 pounds cleaned carp fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon flakes
- Place carp fillets in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over them and let it stand for half an hour, turning the fillets over once during that time.
- Stir the salt into the pancake mix.
- Take carp fillets out of the buttermilk and pat them into the pancake mix, covering both sides.
- Fry carp fillets in deep fryer or in hot oil in fry-pan for 5 - 10 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides. Use tongs or slotted spoon to turn them. (If oil is too hot, they will brown too quickly and not cook within.)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon wedges if available.
The Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets serves/makes: 6
The Easy Pan Fried Carp Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed