How to cook Easy Pan Fried Crispy Catfish
- 2 pounds fresh catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola, or vegetable oil
- Cut the catfish fillets into serving size pieces. Season the fish with 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning.
- Combine the flour with 2 teaspoons of Old Bay in a shallow bowl. Mix together the egg, water and the remaining 1 teaspoon of Old Bay in another bowl.
- Dredge the catfish fillets, first in the seasoned flour, then in the egg mixture, then again in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Allow the coated the catfish fillets to rest for 5-10 minutes before frying. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Pan fry the catfish fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Fried Crispy Catfish with fresh lemon wedges and tartar or hot sauce.
The Easy Pan Fried Crispy Catfish is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Crispy Catfish serves/makes: 4
The Easy Pan Fried Crispy Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed