How to cook Easy Pan Fried Herb Crusted Sole
- 2 fresh sole fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces polenta
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest grated, then sliced into 6
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the polenta, lemon zest, garlic and herbs, then season well. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow bowl, dip the fish in the egg and then into the polenta mixture, pressing it well onto the sole fillets.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and, when hot, reduce the heat to medium and add the sole fillets. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side until the polenta crust is golden and the fish is cooked through. Remove the fried sole fillets and add the lemon slices cook for 30 seconds on each side until the edges catch slightly.
- Serve the fried sole fillets with the lemon slices, accompanied by French fries or potato chips.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
The Easy Pan Fried Herb Crusted Sole is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Add different fresh herbs, such as basil, chives or rosemary.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Herb Crusted Sole serves/makes: 2
The Easy Pan Fried Herb Crusted Sole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed