4 - 6
How to cook Easy Pan Fried Herring in Marinade
- 2 pounds whole fresh herrings
- 3/4 ounce flour
- 3 ounces fat
- 2 ounces onion rings
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 2/3 pint vinegar
- 1/2 pint water
- Gut herrings, cut off heads, wash thoroughly and dry.
- Rub herrings with salt, inside and out.
- Coat herrings with flour and pan fry in hot fat until golden brown.
- Put fried herrings in earthenware jar with onion, mustard seed and peppercorns.
- Mix vinegar with cool, boiled water and pour over herrings.
- Let stand for at least 2 days.
The Easy Pan Fried Herring in Marinade is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Herring in Marinade serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Pan Fried Herring in Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed