4 - 6
How to cook Easy Pan Fried Potato Cutlets with Herring
- 1 whole salted herring
- 1 pound boiled potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 onion
- Oil to fry
- Mash potatoes.
- Soak herring in water for an hour, clean, bone and grind.
- Fry finely chopped onion in oil.
- Combine mashed potatoes, herring, grated cheese, and yolk and add flour to shape small cutlets.
- Brush with egg and roll in breadcrumbs, fry in oil until golden.
- Serve with sour cream.
The Easy Pan Fried Potato Cutlets with Herring is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Potato cutlets with tender lightly salted herring pieces, they were a dream of foreign guests in Russia centuries ago.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Potato Cutlets with Herring serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Easy Pan Fried Potato Cutlets with Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed