How to cook Easy Pan Fried Sea Bream with Garlic Butter
- 4 whole small sea bream, scaled and gutted
- 3 ounces unsalted (sweet) butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 small green chili, seeded
- 1/4 cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- 1 ounce fennel fronds, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large frying pan (skillet), add the garlic and chili and simmer gently for 10 minutes to flavor the oils. Discard the garlic and chili.
- Season the flour generously with salt and pepper. Dust the sea bream with the flour and shake off any excess.
- Raise the heat under the pan and fry (saute) the sea bream over a high heat until browned on both sides, then reduce the heat and fry for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer the fried sea bream to a warm serving plate.
- Raise the heat under the pan again, add the sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes until reduced slightly, then spoon over the fried sea bream and serve garnished with lemon wedges and fennel fronds.
The Easy Easy Pan Fried Sea Bream with Garlic Butter
is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Sea Bream with Garlic Butter serves/makes: 4
The Easy Pan Fried Sea Bream with Garlic Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed