How to cook Easy Pan Fried Tarakihi (Ocean Bream)
- 4 Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter for frying
- Whisk oil into lemon juice. Add lemon zest, seasoning, capers and chives.
- Season Tarakihi steaks and pan-fry in butter for 3-4 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Warm the lemon dressing in the frying pan and pour over the fried Tarakihi steaks.
- Serve with couscous.
The Easy Pan Fried Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
, also known as ocean bream or silver bream, has firm, moist white flesh and is suitable for all methods of cooking, especially frying.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) serves/makes: 4
The Easy Pan Fried Tarakihi (Ocean Bream) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
Cuisine: New Zealand
(more New Zealand