How to cook Easy Pan Fried Whole Fresh Smelt
- 2 pounds whole fresh smelt, cleaned and heads removed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 lemons, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse cleaned smelt under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle fish cavities with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, pour the lemon juice, dip both sides of the smelt in lemon juice, then coat both sides with flour.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter add the smelt and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until fish is lightly browned and flakes readily when prodded with a fork.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Place smelt on a platter, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve immediately.
The Easy Pan Fried Whole Fresh Smelt is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
This recipe for Easy Pan Fried Whole Fresh Smelt serves/makes: 4
The Easy Pan Fried Whole Fresh Smelt recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed