How to cook Easy Poached Pike in White Wine
- 4 pike fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 baby carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or sherry
- 1 sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onions, mushrooms, salt, pepper nutmeg and carrots until onions are glazed.
- Top with pike fillets, white wine or sherry, sugar and nutmeg.
- Cover pan and poach until the pike fillets are tender.
The Easy Poached Pike in White Wine is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Easy Poached Pike in White Wine serves/makes: 4
The Easy Poached Pike in White Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered