8 - 10
How to cook Easy Polish Herring in Sour Cream
- 8 salted herring (matjes) fillets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- Wash the herring fillets under cold running water, dry on paper towel and cut into small cubes.
- In a glass bowl, mix together the herring, onion, eggs, lemon juice, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the dill and serve as appetizer or hors d'oeuvre with rye bread.
The Polish Herring in Sour Cream is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Polish Herring in Sour Cream serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Easy Polish Herring in Sour Cream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Appetizer