How to cook Easy Pollock Chowder
- 1 pound Pollock (scrod, haddock or cod)
- 4 carrots, cut up small
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Put 4 cups of water and salt and the Pollock in a pot and bring to a boil for 20 minutes or a little longer.
- Take the Pollock out and let it cool so you can check to see that there are no bones.
- To the water add the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Break up the fish in pieces and simmer a few minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, stick of butter and season to taste. (Add a touch of garlic powder and black pepper, if desire.)
- After it is finished mix cornstarch with cold water and stir it into the soup to thicken it. The amount of cornstarch depend on what thickness you want.
The Easy Pollock Chowder is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
You could probably substitute Clams
instead of Pollock
for a clam chowder. Just add a bit of ketchup.
This recipe for Easy Pollock Chowder serves/makes: 4
The Easy Pollock Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew