How to cook Easy Puttanesca Pasta with Anchovy Sauce
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 8 ounces Puttanesca pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, pushed through a sieve
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 20 Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat cook garlic in oil until golden. Add sieved tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in anchovies, tomato paste, capers, olives, and red pepper flakes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss pasta with sauce, and serve.
The Easy Puttanesca Pasta with Anchovy Sauce is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Can be ready in 40 minutes
This recipe for Easy Puttanesca Pasta with Anchovy Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Easy Puttanesca Pasta with Anchovy Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pasta