How to cook Easy Russian Creamed Pickled Herring
- 4 ounces pickled herring in sour cream
- 1/2 cup tart apple, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Puree the herring (sauce and all) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and continue to process until smooth.
- Cover and chill.
- Makes about 2 cups of dip.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Cocktail Rye Bread, Lavasch Crackers, Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini.
The Easy Creamed Pickled Herring is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Russian Creamed Pickled Herring serves/makes: 4
The Easy Russian Creamed Pickled Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked