6 - 8
How to cook Easy Sauerkraut and Herring Salad
- 1/3 pound salted herring, cleaned, head removed, and filleted
- 1 pound sauerkraut
- 1 bulb onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Dill greens
- Parsley greens
- Salt, sugar, and black ground pepper to taste
- Dress the sauerkraut with oil and chopped onion.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slice fillet, put in the salad bowl, and cover with sauerkraut.
- When serving the Sauerkraut and Herring Salad, top with egg slices and greens.
The Easy Sauerkraut and Herring Salad is a very affordable dish, can be ready in 10 minutes. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Easy Sauerkraut and Herring Salad serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Easy Sauerkraut and Herring Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad