4 - 6 servings
How to cook Easy Shrimp Pasta Caprese
- 1 pound large (31 to 35 count) raw shrimp, cleaned and patted dry (use fresh or frozen, thawed shrimp)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls or preferred style mozzarella
- 1 box angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 3/4 cup prepared Pesto homemade or your favorite brand
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 bunch Fresh parsley for garnish
- Sit your measuring cup in your colander and set it over the sink where you will drain your pasta. If you don't do this, and you are at all like me, you will drain your pasta and forget you need the starchy, salty pasta water for the sauce!
- Heat a large pot of salty water until boiling and then cook pasta based on the packaged directions. When pasta is done, reserve 1 cup of the salty pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta. (Don't worry, it won't get cold. The rest doesn't take long!)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Making sure shrimp has been patted dry, add shrimp to the hot skillet with tomatoes. Get shrimp and tomatoes as close to a single layer as you can. If your pan is small, cook the shrimp and tomatoes in batches. Salt and pepper the shrimp and tomatoes to taste.
- Add pasta to a large serving bowl. Spoon pesto over the top. Pouring just a little at a time, add pasta water and turn pasta and pesto with tongs. You want to add just enough water to loosen the sauce and heat it through. You don't really want to cook pesto.
- When the pesto and pasta are ready, top dish with sauteed shrimp and tomatoes. Add Mozzarella pearls and garnish with fresh parsley.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
The Easy Shrimp Pasta Caprese is perfect for busy weeknights. Simple and delicious!
This recipe for Easy Shrimp Pasta Caprese serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Easy Shrimp Pasta Caprese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta