3 - 4
How to cook Easy Simmered Grouper with Tomato
- 1 (about 1 pound) piece grouper or red snapper fillet (3/4 inch thick), skinned and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Working off heat, put 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet and add grouper, turning to coat with oil on both sides.
- Arrange grouper skinned sides down and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomato, garlic (if using), basil, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl, then mound on top of grouper.
- Cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid and simmer grouper over moderately high heat until just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
The Easy Simmered Grouper with Tomato is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well. Can be ready in 10 minures.
This recipe for Easy Simmered Grouper with Tomato serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Easy Simmered Grouper with Tomato recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered