How to cook Easy Simmered Turbot with Tomato Curry
- 1 fresh turbot fillet (about 6 ounce)
- 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pinch dried chives
- 1 pinch curry powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Place garlic and tomatoes in a non-stick fry pan over low heat. Cook for approx 1 minute, until tomatoes start to swell and garlic is lightly browned.
- Add whole turbot fillet to the pan, moving the tomatoes and garlic to the side.
- Cook until the fish is no longer translucent, about 3 minutes, and use spatula to turn fillet over (it will break apart into chunks and flakes). Sprinkle with curry powder.
- Crush tomatoes with the flat of the spatula, being careful not to burn yourself with the juice! (they may burst in your direction! to prevent this you can pierce the tomatoes with a fork before cooking).
- Add chives and black pepper. Cook an additional minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with turbot fillet, breaking the fish into smaller pieces.
- Serve very hot and enjoy!
The Easy Simmered Turbot with Tomato Curry is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
Preparation time: 1 minute.
Cooking time: 8 minutes.
This recipe for Easy Simmered Turbot with Tomato Curry serves/makes: 1
The Easy Simmered Turbot with Tomato Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Turbot
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered