10 - 12
How to cook Easy Spanish Poached Hake in Salsa Verde
- 5 1/2 pounds (2.5 kg) fresh hake or cod fillets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley
- 4 or 5 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 ounces (150 ml) white wine
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion and leek.
- Heat the olive oil in a strong earthenware casserole dish, add the onion and leek and fry on a low heat until they are a golden brown color (about 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, parsley, sliced potatoes and a couple of pinches of salt - cover with the water and simmer until the potatoes are nearly cooked (this takes about 20 minutes depending on thickness of potato slices).
- After covering the hake fillets in flour add them to the casserole dish.
- Pour the white wine over the hake fillets and poach for about 10 minutes over a low heat until the fish is done.
The Easy Spanish Poached Hake in Salsa Verde is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Green sauce is the name of several different sauces containing mainly herbs, namely the Spanish salsa verde
This recipe for Easy Spanish Poached Hake in Salsa Verde serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Easy Spanish Poached Hake in Salsa Verde recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered