How to cook Easy Squid Salad with Egg
- 2 large squid tubes (about 1 pound in total weight)
- 1 small onion or 2 shallot onions, cut into thin strips
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, grated on a large grater or chopped with a knife
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 2 dill sprigs, finely chopped
- 2 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Remove the skin from a squid, wash, and put it in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes (no more!).
- Let cool in the broth, then drain squid, and cut into julienne-style cuts.
- Pour boiling water over sliced onions, to remove excess bitterness, and decant water.
- Mix all salad ingredients and season with salt and pepper; stir well.
- Cover the salad bowl with a lid, and let sit in a refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Garnish the squid salad with greens and pickles, if desired, and serve.
The Squid Salad with Cucumbers
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Easy Squid Salad with Egg serves/makes: 4 servings
The Squid Salad with Cucumbers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Salad