6 - 8 servings
How to cook Easy Thai Shrimp Soup
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat a stock pot and melt butter in it.
- Saute the shrimp, seasoning with salt and pepper; cook until pink.
- Remove shrimp from the pot and set aside. Add garlic, onions, pepper, ginger, and sriracha.
- Cook until fragrant and add curry paste.
- Add chicken stock, whisking the cornstarch with some of the stock itself. Stir in the coconut milk and add the shrimp back into the pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and serve the Easy Thai Shrimp Soup over rice, topped with jalapeno slices, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Easy Thai Shrimp Soup recipe easy to cook and so good!
This Thai Shrimp Soup
is basically chopping vegetables and letting the flavors do their thing. You can find curry paste in any local grocery store – no need to head to specialty shops, as it’s readily available almost everywhere nowadays. The curry flavors simmer in the soup, alongside the spicy ginger, sweet onions, and shrimp. With the addition of the coconut milk, everything comes together to serve up a luscious and wanderlust inspired dish that everyone in your family will love.
This recipe for Easy Thai Shrimp Soup serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Easy Thai Shrimp Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew