6 fish cakes
How to cook Easy Tuna Cakes
- 6 1/2 ounces (185 gm) can tuna (you can use a flavored tuna, lemon or lime)
- 1 large potato peeled and chopped
- 2-3 scallions
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Boil potatoes in salted water till cooked, drain and cool. Mash the potato; add finely sliced scallions, lemon rind, egg, parsley, tuna and salt and pepper.
- Mix till well combined, form into patties and roll in the breadcrumbs till covered.
- Place onto a plate then place in the fridge for about an hour (this stops them from losing their shape as they brown).
- Pour enough oil into a pan just to cover the bottom, place the patties in the oil once it has heated and brown on both sides, place onto some paper towel.
- Serve the Tuna Cakes hot with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce and salad or some potato wedges, if desired.
- This gave you six medium patties. .
The Easy Tuna Cakes dish is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Easy Tuna Cakes serves/makes: 6 fish cakes
The Easy Tuna Cakes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed