How to cook Easy Turtle Soup
- 1 pound turtle meat, cubed
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, quartered
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced turnip
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup milk
- Flour to thicken
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Boil turtle meat until nearly tender.
- Add vegetables and simmer covered, for 1 hour.
- Add milk and thicken with flour.
- Mix in sugar, if desired.
The Easy Turtle Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Turtle meat is available from specialty meat and game farms. Turtle has a rich flavor and a delicate texture that is truly unique.
This recipe for Easy Turtle Soup serves/makes: 4
The Easy Turtle Soup recipe is adopted from The Native Indian Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew