How to cook Easy Ukrainian Poached Pike Fillets
- 6 pike (whitefish, perch, sole, etc.) fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stocks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh, chopped (or use parsley)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 eggs, hardboiled, peeled, finely chopped
- TOPPING: Combine pike fillets, vegetables, dry seasonings, and enough water to cover in a saucepan or pot. Boil gently for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet. Add the chopped eggs, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the pike fillets is cooked, set it on a warm platter and then spoon the topping over the poached pike fillets.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
Easy Ukrainian Poached Pike Fillets is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Easy Ukrainian Poached Pike Fillets serves/makes: 6
The Easy Ukrainian Poached Pike Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered