How to cook Easy and Fast Pike Chowder
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pike (Pollock or halibut) fillets
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 peppercorns
- Snipped parsley
- Thaw pike fillets if frozen.
- Cut pike fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Heat remaining ingredients except parsley to boiling in large saucepan.
- Add pike, heat to boiling. Reduce heat cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle each serving with parsley.
The Easy and Fast Pike Chowder is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
This recipe for Easy and Fast Pike Chowder serves/makes: 4
The Easy and Fast Pike Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew