10 - 12 servings
How to cook Easy and Simple Clam Chowder
- 1 pint clams, chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground preferred)
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 pint light cream
- 1 pint milk
- Melt butter in a skillet. Fry onions until a pale gold. Add clams. Simmer 5 minutes and remove to saucepan.
- Add clam juice, salt, and black pepper. Add boiling water, potato, and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Add light cream and milk. Cook together but do not boil.
- To serve pour the Clam Chowder into individual soup plates and sprinkle each lightly with paprika.
The Easy and Simple Clam Chowder recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Easy and Simple Clam Chowder serves/makes: 10 - 12 servings
The Easy and Simple Clam Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew