2 - 4 servings
How to cook Easy and Simple Deep-Fried Catfish
- 2 catfish (hito), cleaned
- 2 stalks lemon grass (tanglad)
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- Soy Dipping Sauce (see the recipe below)
Soy Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- Sprinkle the catfish with salt and pepper.
- Insert each fish with lemon grass.
- Roll over the flour and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve the Deep-Fried Catfish hot with soy dipping sauce.
How to cook Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Top with green onion slices as a garnish.
Catfish can be cooked in so many ways but I like it crispy and hot, just like this.
The Easy and Simple Deep-Fried Catfish recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Easy and Simple Deep-Fried Catfish serves/makes: 2 - 4 servings
The Easy and Simple Deep-Fried Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried