How to cook Ecuadorian Marinated Shrimps
- 2 pounds medium shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups bitter (Seville) orange juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot red or green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Drop the shrimps into a large saucepan of boiling salted water and boil for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the shrimps are cooked.
- Drain and mix with the orange juice, onion, hot pepper, tomato, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand an hour before serving.
- Serve the Ecuadorian Marinated Shrimps with Toasted Corn (Maiz Tostada) on the side.
The Ecuadorian Marinated Shrimps recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Ecuadorian name for this recipe is Seviche de Camarones
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Ecuadorian Marinated Shrimps serves/makes: 6
The Ecuadorian Marinated Shrimps recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American