How to cook Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 5 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider or white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small cucumber
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks carefully and place in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the salmon, cucumber and dill; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into egg white halves, about 1 tablespoon in each half. (I used a pastry bag.)
- Cut the smoked salmon into thin strips and roll them up in a rose shape.
- Then carefully place each salmon rose on top of egg half.
- Cut the cucumber into thin rings, then cut the slices into quarters.
- Garnish the stuffed eggs with cucumber pieces and dill sprigs.
The Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers
is a spectacular appetizer - makes simple and amazingly fast. It will be appropriate both on a buffet table and a traditional feast.
This recipe for Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers serves/makes: 12 servings
The Eggs Stuffed with Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Appetizer