6 - 8 servings
How to cook Egyptian Broiled Tilapia
- 2 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (or whole tilapia, cleaned)
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Broil the tilapia fillets on high broil for 3 minutes per side (7 minutes per side for the whole tilapia).
- While tilapia is broiling put water in a large bowl (sufficient to hold the tilapia) and add salt, cumin, lime juice, and pepper. Taste and add additional spices to taste.
- Take hot tilapia from oven and immediately put it into the bowl. It should be fully submerged under the liquid. If not, find a different shaped dish or add additional water and spices to compensate.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and serve the Egyptian Broiled Tilapia hot with white or brown rice and green vegetables. Make sure to scoop plenty of the flavorful liquid over both the fish and the rice.
- Goes well with broccoli because the head can be used to sop up the extra liquid.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
The Egyptian Broiled Tilapia is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Egyptian Broiled Tilapia serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Egyptian Broiled Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled