6 - 8
How to cook Egyptian Fish Ragout
- 2 1/4 pounds fish
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4-5 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 pounds ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices
- 2 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut fish into neat pieces.
- Fry fish and remove onto absorbent paper. Lightly fry the raisins until they puff, then remove from pan.
- Fry the onions to a transparent brown, then add tomatoes, parsley, sugar, vinegar, mixed spices, and seasoning.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes over very low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and halve roasted hazelnuts and add together with raisins to the stewed tomato mixture.
- Arrange fried fish in oven pan, cover with tomato mixture, place in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
The Egyptian Fish Ragout recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Egyptian name for this recipe is Tagin Samak
This recipe for Egyptian Fish Ragout serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Egyptian Fish Ragout recipe is adopted from Egyptian Cooking A Practical Guide by Samia Abdennour 1998.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked