How to cook Egyptian Rice with Fish (Sayadieh)
- 4 striped bass (or any other white fish) fillets, about 8 ounces each
- 2 lemons
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound rice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- Stir fry the onions and garlic on very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir fry 5 minutes more.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and salt to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the flour with cumin and coat the fish with this mixture.
- Fry the fish 5 minutes on each side.
- Cut 1 lemon in slices and press juice out of the other.
- Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice.
- Put the rice in a shallow dish and pour the fat, in which the fish was fried, over the rice.
- Put the fried striped bass fillets on top and decorate with lemon slices.
The Egyptian Rice with Fish (Sayadieh) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Egyptian Rice with Fish (Sayadieh) serves/makes: 4
The Egyptian Rice with Fish (Sayadieh) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed