8 - 10
How to cook English Anchovy Butter
- 12 anchovy fillets 4 ounces butter
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- Lemon juice
- A touch of cayenne pepper
- A few screws of black pepper
- Cream the butter, add all the other ingredients, season to taste but do not add any salt.
- Pass through a blender or Mouli and then a hair sieve.
- Form into a roll and fold in wetted grease-proof paper or foil.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve the English Anchovy Butter with crusty Italian bread, raw cabbage wedges, lettuce leaves, bread sticks or crackers.
The English Anchovy Butter is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for English Anchovy Butter serves/makes: 8 - 10
The English Anchovy Butter recipe is adopted from The Fine English Cookery by Michael Smith 1998
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Appetizer