3 to 4
How to cook English Poached Salmon
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds /1.4 to 1.8 kg) piece salmon, from the larger part
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) pickling sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grossly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) dill seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 carrots, finely grated
- Crunchy lettuce leaves
- Wrap salmon in cottoncheese, sewing ends and sides reserve.
- In an 8-cup (2-L) microwave-safe glass container, mix together milk, water, pickling salt, bay leaves, chopped parsley, basil and dill seeds.
- Cover and microwave for 15 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Add wrapped salmon pouring some of the hot liquid on top of the salmon.
- Cover and microwave on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM' for 5 minutes per pound (454 g).
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 1 hour, at room temperature.
- Do not unwrap salmon.
- Refrigerated wrapped salmon overnight.
- To serve, umwrap and skin salmon arrange salmon onto a nice serving plate.
- Coat salmon with mayonnaise.
- Line-up lemon slices, overlapping, on top of the salmon.
- Grate hard-boiled eggs sprinkle all over salmon.
- Top all around with grated carrots.
- Serve, over crunchy lettuce leaves.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 to 35 minutes
Waiting time: l0 to l2 hours
This recipe for English Poached Salmon serves/makes: 3 to 4
The English Poached Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Microwave