How to cook English Scallops with Crumb Topping
- 12 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 1/4-inch-thick plum tomato slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 cups arugula (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves, sliced
- Finely grind cornmeal, panko, nuts, garlic, and 1 teaspoon lemon peel in processor; set crumb mixture aside. mix butter, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl. Season herb butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) . Brush rimmed baking sheet with oil; place scallops on sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each with tomato slice, then crumb mixture, dividing equally. Top each with 1 teaspoon herb butter. Bake until scallops are just opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1/4 cup oil, lime juice, honey, and lime peel in small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Toss arugula and mint in bowl, adding dressing to taste.
- Divide greens among 4 salad plates. Top with scallops and serve.
The English Scallops with Crumb Topping recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for English Scallops with Crumb Topping serves/makes: 4
The English Scallops with Crumb Topping recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - August 2003.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Baked