How to cook English Sea Bass with Basil Sauce
- 4 sea bass fillets (about 6 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- 3 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 small garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Puree basil leaves, parsley, lemon peel, garlic, and 4 tablespoons oil in processor. Bring stock, shallot, lemon juice, whipping cream, butter, and hot pepper sauce to simmer in medium saucepan. Add basil puree; stir just to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place fish on rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil under fish is opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spoon sauce onto plates. Top with the broiled sea bass fillets and serve.
The English Sea Bass with Basil Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for English Sea Bass with Basil Sauce serves/makes: 4
The English Sea Bass with Basil Sauce recipe is adopted from The Fine English Cookery by Michael Smith 1998
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled