How to cook Estonian Baked Herring with Potatoes
- 1 whole herring (I used frozen), about 1 pound
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Remove the entrails and skin, cut off the tail, fins and head. Rinse with cold water and pat dry. Cut the fish into portion pieces.
- Peel potatoes and onion. Slice them into rings.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Put the potato rings on the bottom.
- On top of potatoes laid the herring pieces and laid the onion rings.
- In a bowl, mix beaten egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture into the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes at 355°F (180°C).
- Remove the baked herring from oven and serve immediately.
Cook time: 50 mins
The Estonian Baked Herring with Potatoes recipe is very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Estonian Baked Herring with Potatoes serves/makes: 2 servings
The Estonian Baked Herring with Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: Other European
(more Other European