How to cook Ethiopian Baked Cod Fish
- 4 salted cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons berbere*
- 8 teaspoons peanut oil
- Ground peanuts, for sprinkling (optional)
- Ethiopian Flat Bread as accompaniment
- Soak the salted cod fish in water overnight to remove excess salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) . Rinse the fish well and soak for 10 minutes in a bowl of boiling water. Lightly grease a large baking dish, carefully lift out each fish, and place it in the dish.
- Sprinkle some crushed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of berbere on each fish. Arrange slices from 1 tomato down the length of the fish and then sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil and some peanuts.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the fish is tender and cooked through.
- Serve hot on top of individual portions of Ethiopian flat bread.
The Ethiopian Baked Cod Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is a spice mixture whose ingredients usually include chile peppers, ginger, cloves, coriander, allspice, rue berries, and ajwain. It is a key ingredient in the cuisines of Ethiopia and Eritrea.
This recipe for Ethiopian Baked Cod Fish serves/makes: 4
The Ethiopian Baked Cod Fish recipe is adopted from A Taste of Africa by Dorinda Hafner 2002.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked