4 - 6
How to cook Excellent Haddock Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) cooked frozen haddock fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons (17.5 g) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) basil
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 (9-inch / 23-cm) pastry shells
- Break-up fish fillets reserve.
- Melt together chopped onion, crushed garlic and zucchini dices into hot, melted butter.
- Mix in flour, salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Line a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate with one pastry shell.
- Delicately mix reserved fish into tomato mixture pour into pie shell.
- Top with remaining pastry shell pinch dough all around and cut vents on top.
- Bake into a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown and flaky.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
This dish, from the Maritimes, Canada, is also excellent with pollock
This recipe for Excellent Haddock Pie serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Excellent Haddock Pie recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Baked